Maunakea Summit Sunrise Tour
After enjoying the starry sky observation at the Onizuka Center with an altitude of 2,800 m before dawn,
we will head to Mauna Kea summit 4,205m, the highest peak in the Pacific, where the world's observatories gather.
Star Gazing & Sunrise that you can see at Mauna Kea summit will be amazing! It is also known as the highest power spot on the Big Island of Hawaii
It will be a special memory of your trip to Hawaii!
Mon ・ Tue ・ Wed
02:35 - 03:35
Pick up at the parking area in the Waikoloa Queens Market Place
*The pick-up time depends on the season
04:45 - 06:15
Onizuka Visitor Center
We took a break at the Onizuka Visitor Center at an altitude of 2,800m for a dinner and an altitude acclimatization. Use this time to get used to the body. We also change clothes for winter clothes here.
06:15 - 07:15
Starry sky observation at Onizuka Visitor Center
A guide explains the constellations and stars using a telescope and laser pen.
07:15 - 08:15
Mauna Kea summit
Enjoy the sunrise at an altitude of 4,205m. Enjoy the gradually brightening sky and the rising sun rising from the horizon.
08:15 - 08:45
Restroom rest at the Onizuka Visitor Center or a park with an altitude of 2,000m. Return of winter clothes
09:45 - 11:45
Arrive at hotel
The sunset time changes depending on the season, and the return time varies depending on the place of stay. Photos taken on the day can be downloaded for free later.
- English speaking guide
- Rental of winter clothes (down jacket with hood, extreme cold ski pants, gloves)
- Bottle water, snacks
- Hot drink
- Oxygen cylinder
- Astronomical telescope
- Entry fee for Maunakea summit
- If you are pregnant, have heart or respiratory problems, have high blood pressure, or have dived within 24 hours, please refrain from doing so.
- If you are 80 years old or older, please join us after obtaining permission from a doctor.
- Please refrain from drinking within 8 hours before the tour departs.
- You can join the tour on the day of arrival on the island of Hawaii, but we do not provide airport pick-up.
- Please refrain from bringing in large luggage such as suitcases.
- Cancellations within 48 hours before the tour pick-up time, due to flight delays and missing backs, etc., the tour pick-up time cannot be met and 100% will be charged even if the tour is not attended.
- We do not provide transportation to Hilo or Waimea. Please note.
- People with deafness and wheelchair users can join the tour. We will prepare guide content documents and wheelchairs during the tour, so please be sure to tell us when you apply. *Electric wheelchairs are not allowed. Only simple wheelchairs are available.
- Please wear socks and sneakers or shoes that are comfortable and comfortable to wear, as long pants such as jeans and your feet get cold. Top and bottom winter clothes can be rented out (free of charge). Please bring your jacket and sweater from Japan in winter. Please bring a long-sleeved hoodie even in summer. We will guide you to the summit by car, so you do not have to climb on foot.
- The temperature at the top of the mountain is extremely low (it may be below freezing), so please wear warm clothes as much as possible.
- Depending on the weather, you may not be able to climb the Mauna Kea summit. If the gate is closed due to bad weather during the tour, you will be able to observe the starry sky and watch the sunrise at the foot of Mauna Kea (around 2000 m).
- We will guide you to the summit of Mauna Kea, so there is no walking.
- You need to sign the disclaimer when you participate.
- The tour operator will be Hawaiian Haoles, Inc. dba Hawaiian Eyes Tours.
- The photos taken on the tour are not included in the price and are a guide service. Please note that you may not be satisfied due to individual differences.
- If the Mauna Kea summit gate is closed due to weather or other reasons, all tour participants will be given a 2-year half-value gift voucher for the entire tour.
- If the gate at the top of the mountain is closed, you can see the sunrise or sunset, and the stars at the Onizuka Center (2800 meters) or the Mauna Kea foothill (2000 meters).
- If you apply for more than 10 people, the group cancellation policy will be automatically applied and 100% (the number of canceled people × tour fee for 1 person) will be charged from 2 weeks ago.
- If you wish to change the tour date, it will be free 48 hours before, and if it is less than 48 hours, a fee of $20 per person will be charged.
- The tour contents are subject to change without prior notice. Please note.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT BE LIABLE TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHERMORE, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY TO ANY OTHER PARTY REGARDING THE EFFECT THAT THE AGREEMENT MAY HAVE UPON THE FOREIGN, FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL TAX LIABILITY OF THE OTHER.
- 2 people
- Until 48hours before depature:100%
- Within 48hours of depature:100%
- Hawaiian Haole inc , dba Hawaiian Eyes
OUR GREAT EXPERIENCE
Maunakea Summit Sunrise Tour
After enjoying the starry sky observation at the Onizuka Center with an altitude of 2,800 m before dawn, we will head to Mauna Kea summit 4,205m, the highest peak in the Pacific, where the world's observatories gather. Star Gazing & Sunrise that you can see at Mauna Kea summit will be amazing! It is also known as the highest power spot on the Big Island of Hawaii It will be a special memory of your trip to Hawaii!
Operation: Mon , Tue , Wed
Mauna Kea Summit Sunset & Stargazing Adventure
This spectacular Mauna Kea sunset and stargazing tour will bring you the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen in your entire life, at least, one of the most. The stars and sunset from above the clouds, at 13,803 ft! You can reach to the summit by a car! After a gorgeous sunset, we'll move down to the night sky lights up with thousands of glittering stars. ※ Estimated pickup time will be between 1:30~2:30pm @Kona area. ※ We don't discount even if we meet up at Hilo district. ※ It'll depend on traffic and weather conditions, but we'll drop you off around 9-10pm at Queen Market Place. ※We recommend to wear the long sleeve, pants, and sneaker Our tour is included down blow. ・Guide (English Speaking) ・Snow jackets, pants and gloves ・Bottled water ・Hot Drinks ・Picnic dinner (Veggie burger, this is the best veggie burger in the big island! If you are on gluten free diet, we serve various kinds of rice bowl selection) ・Oxygen cylinder ・Astronomical telescope ・Admission fee for Mauna Kea summit
Operation: Daily Daily
[Not Available] Kilauea Volcano & Maunakea Stargazing Tour
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is Hawaii’s most popular attraction. Join a top-rated Big Island volcano tour and visit one of the most active volcanoes in the world. Explore dynamic volcanic landscapes and see lava tubes, venture across lava flows from past eruptions, and connect with the most unique place in Hawaii. On this Mauna Kea sunset and stargazing tour you’ll get to view the stars and sunset from above the clouds, at the summit of a volcano! After a beautiful sunset, prepare to be amazed as the night sky lights up with thousands of glittering stars.